back to article Intel committed to mobile Linux, despite core dump

Intel remains committed to its mobile Linux project, it has said, despite handing over supervision to the Linux Foundation. The chip giant has pledged it will provide additional engineers and resources to refine Moblin, the project to build a ready-made Linux and hardware stack for a range of consumer devices. Despite pulling …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. raving angry loony

lock in, again.

Although I think a single mobile distro is far more useful and workable than each company rolling their own, in my opinion it would be a hell of a lot more useful if it was processor independent as well as hardware independent. But then I guess Intel would be a lot less interested, as they couldn't lock AMD, ARM and others out that way.

So, I guess we'll just have to call this one the Intel distro and go back to everyone rolling their own. Pity really, as this plays right into Microsofts hands.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Reality

Embedded RT invariably requires some discipline and standardization. The linux groupies do not admit this into their ideology. But they will have to get over it.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like