back to article Sage waves voluntary redundo plan at staff

Software maker Sage is asking its UK staff to consider taking voluntary redundancy in a move to cut costs at the company. “The changing market we're in means that it is more important than ever to look at the costs we incur as a business and how we can become even more effective in the way we work,” said Sage UK and Ireland …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Hands up...

... who wants to lose their job?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

sage

sage goes in every field

3. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

Really sad...

I know a lot of IT staff that went from other companies in the North East over to Sage. Its a shame that the industry in general is in an awful mess at present.

Even if people could take voluntary redundancy there isn't anywhere for them to move to so nobody is going to really jump ship without a job to go to first.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Argh, Sage...

...maybe they could just wait until their workers die of boredom while their own ludicrously bloated apps load. I'm not usually one to complain about software footprints expanding, but it should at least make a pretense of *functioning* in the bargain.

5. Thomas Kenyon

Pretense at functioning.

Well finally, as of august, Line 50 will support a proper rdbms (MySQL), so hopefully things are on the up.

I've never understood how Sage got to be so big in the first place, they are practically unknown outside the UK.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like