back to article Dead PC tycoon's estate eaten up by credit card debts

Disgraced PC-tycoon Charles Forsyth died almost penniless, according to the administrator of his estate. High-living Forsyth, who left a legacy of four crashed computer companies and served a three and a half year prison sentence, died last year of a heart attack aged just 49. The public-school educated Forsyth, who was heir …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The brass fireman's helmet

"who left a legacy of four crashed computer companies"

Is that

four crashed "computer companies"

or

four "crashed computer" companies

2. Richard Tobin

Feudal rights

The feudal system in Scotland was abolished five years ago.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

Shame...

I'll miss him. Wasn't the most likeable of people, but was entertaining to work for if nothing else. Never a dull moment at PCS. See-ya, Chuck!

4. Telecide
    Thumb Down

@AC 22:27

Shame? He sounds like a liability who was best avoided at all costs. How many peoples lives do you reckon he buggered up in return for a lifestyle which he could not afford?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Apricot

I remember Apricot. I think they had a factory in Glenrothes.

No-one bought any of their gear.

I was quite happy to take a roll or two of their floppy disc labels after they went bust.

Even at the time, I was concious that I was stealing what was probably the companies most valuable asset...

6. Andus McCoatover
    Boffin

Re:Apricot

God, worst job I ever did while working for a PC maintenance co. was having to fix their PSU's. Shoebox-sized black box, external to the PC.

Needed an MSc in psychopathic engineering to work out how to get the fuc*ker apart. No scematics, had to work it all out in your head. Then an MA in "Art by Escher" to find out how to put it back together.

PhD from Hogwarts to make sure it *stayed* in one piece before the customer got it back.

Sheesh. Hard times.

7. John Dougald McCallum
    Thumb Up

Forsyth Saga

I only have one thing to say Good ridance to bad rubbish,the computer industry or for that mater any industry can do with out these dipshits.

This topic is closed for new posts.