back to article Microsoft ropes in EDS to punt online services

Microsoft has signed an agreement with Hewlett-Packard's EDS outfit and several other partners to help sell its range of online services. The company inked deals with EDS, Accenture and others to punt Microsoft's so-called Business Productivity Suite, which contains a bunch of Redmond products that are pumped out of its data …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Hmmmm....

This would be the same EDS that keeps f**king up Gov't IT projects, then. MS must be getting desperate.

Mind you, we already have the (formerly) respected telecomms giant, BT, climbing into bed with a slimy spyware outfit, so the MS/EDS deal is fairly low in the stupidity rankings in comparison....

Paris. She's not too fussy either......

2. Anonymous Coward
    Alert

Well that's fu*ked then

EDS + anything = disaster!!

3. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Wow

EDS, Accenture and Microsoft? Somebody didn't consider the consequences of such a monumental team effort by 3 of the largest contributors to failed large-scale projects. What was Infosys working on? Were they too busy to join the fail party ?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

Well known fatcat

It is, as shown by the two replies first posted, well known that EDS are (these days) clueless.

So why would anyone want to sign any kind of deal with them to buy or sell anything?

In particular why did HP want to buy EDS?

EDS. One of life's big mysteries.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Linux

Bwahaha

Nice to see MS shooting itself in the foot again. With tactical thermonuclear weaponry this time!

Take a load of mediocre and worsening software and partner up with one of the least popular organisations in the country, plus one of the most incapable, and try to sell it on! (hmm, on re-reading, I've tried to label BT as unpopular and EDS as incapable, but to be fair, they both count on both scores.... D'oh!)

I, for one, welcome our new Enigmatic Penguin overlords.

6. kain preacher

Failure why

See all MS has to do is point this stuff at the gov. I' mean if EDS can keep fucking up and the GOV does nothing, why wouldn't MS want a piece of that action.

7. Doug Bostrom

Dissipation

Wow, if the higher-ups at MS can just stay on the golf course for a few more rounds we'll be shut of them at last. Underwater cheesecake throwing is their core competency these days.

8. Ascylto
    Coat

Heh, heh!

Microsoft, EDS and Accenture.

All they need now is CRAPITA ...

and they've got the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse!

(Mine's the one with a photo of Steve Ballmer in my wallet)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like