back to article Cisco profits drop, spirits rise

Cisco reported double-digit drops in both sales and net income for its third quarter of fiscal 2009 on Wednesday, but you'd never know it from the glowing optimism of its skipper. In a conference call with reporters and analysts, the company's chairman and CEO, John Chambers, sounded more relaxed and upbeat than might be …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. joe
    Coat

War chest?

33 billion from ripping off customers for years. Wow, who do they think they are? Oracle?

Now who is going to buy into the Cisco tax when Oracle and Microsoft is already there?

Rather give it to HP and Juniper! At least their stuff works with everyone else but Cisco, which is much more important than Cisco is any day!

The only way Cisco can take a dollar of my budget is if they muscle SUN from Oracle!

I'm laughing as my parent CO slowly rips a 50K seat network out of Cisco's death grip!

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

War chest?

Maybe they can afford to bring back the free cans and fruit in the office then?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Cisco prices

are up about 30% in the UK over the last year. And they were never the cheapest in the first place.

4. Richard Cartledge
    Thumb Down

NWO

Cisco is the Monsanto of IT.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like