Is Pillar Data threatened by Oracle's purchase of Sun? El Reg talked with Bob Maness, Pillar Data's worldwide marketing VP, about business, flash memory and Oracle's Sun acquisition. Pillar Data is the Larry Ellison-funded storage start-up delivering its Axiom storage arrays with application-aware templates and storage quality …
Before it wrecks itself?
Ok, I'm done.
I understand Pillar talking up their products, but am I the only one that read this as them wanting to copy Sun's technologies? Based on their partnership with Oracle, it would seem that they would adopt Sun technology, and continue to work closely with Oracle. Just seems sketchy how he tries to talk it up. Almost like there is no plan at all.
So, they have much better technology than Sun, but when Oracle buys Sun, they want to take all those lesser technologies and put them in their better product.
- Despite best efforts, fewer and fewer women are working in tech
- May blocked plans to bring in more Indian IT workers – Vince Cable
- Updated Microsoft keeps schtum as more battery woes hit Surface sufferers
- Openreach split could damage broadband investment, says BT's chief exec
- AMD is a rounding error on Intel's spreadsheet and that sucks for us all