Is Pillar Data threatened by Oracle's purchase of Sun? El Reg talked with Bob Maness, Pillar Data's worldwide marketing VP, about business, flash memory and Oracle's Sun acquisition. Pillar Data is the Larry Ellison-funded storage start-up delivering its Axiom storage arrays with application-aware templates and storage quality …
Before it wrecks itself?
Ok, I'm done.
I understand Pillar talking up their products, but am I the only one that read this as them wanting to copy Sun's technologies? Based on their partnership with Oracle, it would seem that they would adopt Sun technology, and continue to work closely with Oracle. Just seems sketchy how he tries to talk it up. Almost like there is no plan at all.
So, they have much better technology than Sun, but when Oracle buys Sun, they want to take all those lesser technologies and put them in their better product.
- Cisco reps flog Whiptail's Invicta arrays against EMC and Pure
- Bad PUPPY: Undead Windows XP deposits fresh scamware on lawn
- Canadian taxman says hundreds pierced by Heartbleed SSL skewer
- Misco Shared Services Centre drone brands customer 'insane'
- Fusion-io: Ah, Microsoft. I see there's in-memory in SQL Server 2014... **GERONIMO!**