Is Pillar Data threatened by Oracle's purchase of Sun? El Reg talked with Bob Maness, Pillar Data's worldwide marketing VP, about business, flash memory and Oracle's Sun acquisition. Pillar Data is the Larry Ellison-funded storage start-up delivering its Axiom storage arrays with application-aware templates and storage quality …
Before it wrecks itself?
Ok, I'm done.
I understand Pillar talking up their products, but am I the only one that read this as them wanting to copy Sun's technologies? Based on their partnership with Oracle, it would seem that they would adopt Sun technology, and continue to work closely with Oracle. Just seems sketchy how he tries to talk it up. Almost like there is no plan at all.
So, they have much better technology than Sun, but when Oracle buys Sun, they want to take all those lesser technologies and put them in their better product.
- Worstall on Wednesday It's Big, it's Blue... it's simply FABLESS! IBM's chip-free future
- Routine WHAT NOW? Bank of England’s CHAPS payment system goes TITSUP
- Consumers start feeling the love as Chromebook sales surge
- Warning to those who covet the data of Internet of Precious Things
- Comment Reg man has the cure for IBM storage: Just swallow 10 firms