Is Pillar Data threatened by Oracle's purchase of Sun? El Reg talked with Bob Maness, Pillar Data's worldwide marketing VP, about business, flash memory and Oracle's Sun acquisition. Pillar Data is the Larry Ellison-funded storage start-up delivering its Axiom storage arrays with application-aware templates and storage quality …
Before it wrecks itself?
Ok, I'm done.
I understand Pillar talking up their products, but am I the only one that read this as them wanting to copy Sun's technologies? Based on their partnership with Oracle, it would seem that they would adopt Sun technology, and continue to work closely with Oracle. Just seems sketchy how he tries to talk it up. Almost like there is no plan at all.
So, they have much better technology than Sun, but when Oracle buys Sun, they want to take all those lesser technologies and put them in their better product.
- Euro Parliament VOTES to BREAK UP GOOGLE. Er, OK then
- 'Regin': The 'New Stuxnet' spook-grade SOFTWARE WEAPON described
- Apple’s $700 BEEELLION market cap makes it more valuable than Switzerland
- Regin: The super-spyware the security industry has been silent about
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...