Is Pillar Data threatened by Oracle's purchase of Sun? El Reg talked with Bob Maness, Pillar Data's worldwide marketing VP, about business, flash memory and Oracle's Sun acquisition. Pillar Data is the Larry Ellison-funded storage start-up delivering its Axiom storage arrays with application-aware templates and storage quality …
Before it wrecks itself?
Ok, I'm done.
I understand Pillar talking up their products, but am I the only one that read this as them wanting to copy Sun's technologies? Based on their partnership with Oracle, it would seem that they would adopt Sun technology, and continue to work closely with Oracle. Just seems sketchy how he tries to talk it up. Almost like there is no plan at all.
So, they have much better technology than Sun, but when Oracle buys Sun, they want to take all those lesser technologies and put them in their better product.
- Analysis Team Microsoft: Device Police... 'Are you pumped? I'm pumped'
- Silicon Valley fights European Court of Justice ruling with small print
- Online VAT fraud: Calls for government crackdown grow louder
- 'Safe Harbor': People in Europe 'can get quite litigious about this'
- Canalys Channels Forum HP boss hopes MS Surface Book will jack up notebook prices