back to article 3Com gets out of China, shows fists to Cisco

3Com has created a new tier of operations, branded "H3C" and available only to the biggest enterprise customers, in order to better take on Cisco's dominance in networking iron. In a process dubbed "out of China", the H3C brand will only be made available to a couple of channels in each territory, to be pitched at big …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Timo

but I thought...

I thought that 3com got into bed with Huawei in the 90's (you know, that company whose first gen product was cloned Cisco gear?). So what are they trying to do now?

2. Goat Jam

@Timo

Uh, I think you'll find that the H in H3C is for Huawei.

As for cloning Cisco gear, I too wonder if they are still doing that.

3. DRendar
    Flame

3Com? Pah!

After what they did in 2000, they can sod off if they think they're getting any of our money.

We used to be a 3Com House - Had Netbuilders and Corebuilders galore, plus Superstacks at the edge.

In 2000, they just threw their toys out of the pram, dropped all support of their installed kit and Fucked Off.

We were completely screwed and had to rebuild our entire infrastructure.

3Com will get no money from us - Ever.

4. Greg
    Thumb Down

I'm with DRendar

I'm with DRendar, 3Com shafted us once, they will do it again.

I also bet that their tech support hasn't improved because it was really bad then. Add that to poor quality equipment that broke down constantly and it was a nightmare. I had literally tons of that equipment in hundreds of sites and it cost us a fortune to be constantly rotating their turds.

I'm never going back to 3Com. Lowlife scumbags.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like