back to article Dell channel boss turns lights down low for partners

Dell has admitted it will never be the number one computer manufacturer within the channel, where Hewlett-Packard remains at the top of the pile. The vendor, which saw a dramatic 22 per cent drop in PC shipments in the first quarter of this year, is instead hoping to be seen as the best rather than biggest "gorilla of the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Alert

Dell screws the channel

Dell has complete contempt for the channel which is why more and more resellers have switched over to HP and other vendors. It is frequently cheaper to buy through their retail website than the partner channel and they will undercut reseller to win the business directly from the customer if they ask. Glad to see karma working away against the Dell machine. Congratulations on reaping what you've sown over the years.

If HP could get their order processing as slick as Dell then the rot would accelerate with more and more vendors switching to HP kit.

2. Lionel Baden

the Best HAAHAA

we normally deal with dell

but one of our customers has a HP backup unit

Called their support even with the oem serial of the device inside the scsi drive i was able to get support and they are sending a new one out today and should be with me tommorow or the day after !!!

i almost had a heart attack !

good luck dell your gonna have to step it up somewhat

normally never get though to our account manager, issues are never resolved they ignore them and hope they go away !!!

we had a credit note sue to us that took 2 months to get sorted !!!

asked for identical replacement machine and got something else,. the first one didnt come with a bloody monitor !!

ughhh dell really make me nuts sometimes !

3. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

what is the channel

Have no idea what this term means apart from the course of a river.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like