back to article Administrators called in at titsup Sage reseller

The fate of Sage reseller BDE Group has been confirmed by the appointment of administrators. Neil Mather and Mark Fry at Begbies Traynor were appointed joint administrators on Tuesday, CRN reports. We reported yesterday how the firm's 100 staff feared the worst when they were sent home without pay last week. That came after …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

You missed it!

Here's your title:

"Thyme called for Sage reseller"

2. Ben White
    Thumb Up

Thanks TSG

Thank you to TSG (www.tsg.com) who have snapped up the cream of the BDE staff including all but 1 of the Sage 200 support and consulting staff and the entire Sage CRM team to look after the BDE customers who were recommended TSG by Sage.

Although BDE also provided hardware and technical support, TSG have also scooped up nearly all of the technical expertise (engineers and support staff) to look after any hardware and infrastructure customers left out in the cold.

As a (now) ex-BDE employee, I can only express my gratitude to TSG and urge any remaining BDE customers to sign up so that we can all keep our new-found jobs! Not only that, Technical Services Group (TSG) have also been awarded Sage's reseller of the year for the last three years in a row! Personally, I consider my move an improvement.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Hardly Surprising

The news that BDE Group have gone into administration is hardly surprising. In my dealings with BDE (and their previous acquisitions) over the last 9 years I have noticed that the company seemed to lack a solid understanding of their clients business and what they required from them. We had at the time a project to roll out Sage to a european office and could never get satisfactory assurances from BDE that their solution was compliant with the appropriate financial regulations.

However, the staff at BDE I have dealt with have always been really good people to deal with and I am glad that TSG has had the foresight to retain teh majority of them in these troubled times.

There is a valuable lesson for resellers to be learned and that it is paramount to understand your clients requirements and ensure that you deliver what they need when they need it.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like