back to article A Geeks Guide2 ...Windows 7 Training

Deleted For Sale sign detail

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Dead Vulture

Grand Prix?

Windows 7 development wasn't a grand prix but more like a donkey derby.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Shame on you Register

"So what are the courses like? Online courses in general have come a long way over the past decade, and the nightmares you may have had using the first generation of 'e-learning' applications are mostly a thing of the past."

You forgot to add - you must be running a Windows OS and IE.

Nice one El Reg!

3. Joseph Hume

Denied

You are currently using a browser other than Internet Explorer or older than Internet Explorer 6, or your version of Windows is older than Windows 2000.

Please note Microsoft Online Learning courses require Internet Explorer 6 or above on Windows 2000 or above to run.

Please visit the following site in Internet Explorer 6 or above on Windows 2000 or above.

Come on, in this day and age, why the limitations? With the above requirements you are excluding a quarter (?) of the people who might benefit from the material. Several years ago I quit running windows on my computers. Even when I did, I sure wouldn't allow internet explorer out on the internet.

Joseph

4. Antoinette Lacroix

Pointless

Real "IT Professionals" don't use Windows.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Made me laugh

Glad that you have to run windows to be able to use a windows online training course. Poetic Justice for the Microsoft haters who slam Microsoft then want access to their FREE course. Pissed myself laughing. If you run Free software then lets see you write your own open source version of the course.

6. Patrick Ernst
    Thumb Down

well that was a waste of time

To view this course, you need:

* A Pentium II, 256 MB RAM with a processor speed greater than or equal to 400 MHZ

* Microsoft® Windows® 2000 or higher

* Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher

* Macromedia Flash 7.0 or higher (1MB disk space needed to install)

* Microsoft Windows Media Player 7.0 or higher

* Microsoft XML Core Services 3.0 or higher

* A Super VGA monitor with minimum screen resolution 1024x768, with 16-bit color.

* A sound card, and either speakers or headphones (for multi-media audio).

* Internet bandwidth of 56K or faster. Broadband internet access is recommended.

I already have higher specs than this. Opensuse 11.0, Firefox 3.x etc :-) But seriously, and in answer to AC@11:41GMT many IT professionals use an alternate OS but support MS windows environments for our client base. So no matter what OS we choose to use, accessing free info to maintain and support windows effectively is beneficial to Microsoft and it looks unprofessional on their part to provide this sort of information in a non-standards, partisan manner.

7. Stephen Gray
    Thumb Down

@ Made me laugh

"If you run Free software then lets see you write your own open source version of the course." ehh? WTF are you on about? So I'm thinking of coming back to Windows (notice the correct use of a capital letter) from AN Other operating system, how do I run this course?

8. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

So...

My users aren't allowed to run Windows, for obvious reasons*. If I'd like to take a look at what W7 has to offer and perhaps give Microsoft another go - even if it's just to spite the beancounters - I can't. Thanks for that, no really.

*user requirements:

- click here to work / enter data

- click here to browse

- click here for emails

This topic is closed for new posts.