Capita is buying the IT reseller arm of the construction services group Carillion plc for £36m on a cash free, debt free basis. Carillion IT Services Ltd, or CITS for short, was inherited by Carillion in 2008, as part of the acquisition of the UK construction company Alfred McAlpine. CITS sells outsourcing, managing services …
Scary implications for the public sector and schools
Capita has 90% of the UK schools information systems market and a strong track record of the monopolistic practices we recognise from Microsoft and are coincidentally strongly reliant on Microsoft products. Your solution will always be another Capita product, designed to work exclusively with other Capita products. Capita will be extremely well placed to bid for schools BSF contracts.
- Private cloud has a serious image problem
- UK.gov confirms it's binned extended Windows XP support
- Intel's new chips are from 'Purley' – know what I mean? Know what I mean? Say no more
- SME IT contracts? That's the last thing Whitehall wants – report
- Will YOU be living in a cardboard box under the motorway in five years?