Capita is buying the IT reseller arm of the construction services group Carillion plc for £36m on a cash free, debt free basis. Carillion IT Services Ltd, or CITS for short, was inherited by Carillion in 2008, as part of the acquisition of the UK construction company Alfred McAlpine. CITS sells outsourcing, managing services …
Scary implications for the public sector and schools
Capita has 90% of the UK schools information systems market and a strong track record of the monopolistic practices we recognise from Microsoft and are coincidentally strongly reliant on Microsoft products. Your solution will always be another Capita product, designed to work exclusively with other Capita products. Capita will be extremely well placed to bid for schools BSF contracts.
- Research: Microsoft the fastest growing maker of tablet OSs ... by 2019
- HPE to open private London drinking club
- Microsoft wants to be your phone company, at least for voice
- Microsoft rides to Dell's rescue, wrecks rogue root certificate
- Analysis Dell computers bundled with backdoor that blurts hardware fingerprint to websites