back to article EMC sends love letter to Data Domain

EMC supremo Joe Tucci has sent an open letter to Data Domain staff saying their company has an exciting future inside EMC - which has lots of great takeover stories to tell, unlike a certain other company. EMC is trying to take over Data Domain and its market-leading target deduplication products with an all-cash $30/share $1. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

I have to wonder...

will it be a white wedding?

who will be best man, maid of honour, etc. ?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

What kind of future?

"what kind of future could I expect to have as a member of the global EMC family?"

Surely given EMC's recent layoffs and wage cuts the answer is

"Short and miserable" ?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Dead Vulture

Resistance is futile...

...you will be assimilated.

Try to find ex Legato or Data General employees in the field at EMC. There are plenty at corporate offices, yes, but the field employees that made these companies great are all but gone.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

I'm confused about big finance...

> it is a pity perhaps that EMC shares are not included in the bid so that Data Domain stockholders can share in that success instead of pocketing EMC's $30/share and foregoing it.

Why can't Data Domain shareholders just spend that $30 on buying EMC shares? Wouldn't that be the same?

For that matter, if NetApp wins, why can't Data Domain shareholders just sell their NetApp shares instantly and lock in their profit? Of course if they all did that then NetApp's stock price would dive, but a few of them could do that.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

reverse take overs

Actually...

The DG acquisition by EMC was, in the opinion of Many Experts In The Field a reverse take over

Have you seen a VMAX? Basically a giant Clariion - enginuity now has more clariion features than flare code has..

no sir, twas t'other way round

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@AC reverse takeover

@ Chris, EMC's share price has been flat for ages, outside of a blip up to $25 with the VMware hype, and just now when it's cracked resistance at $13, but for how long?

@ AC wrt to DG, comparing a CX array to a V-Max, that just show's us how much you know about V-Max H/W. Now if you had said DMX, I might let you get away with that!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like