SAP, in a spectacular U-turn, has leapt on board the software-as-a-service bandwagon - the company confirmed its new selling strategy yesterday. The German software giant, which was speaking at an On-Demand conference in Amsterdam on Wednesday, said it will launch SaaS functionality add-ons for its existing Business Suite ERP …
New Old Stuff
SAP has had all sorts of add-ons to provide this kind of service. But then so has Oracle. They must be re-pitching it now to counter Microsoft's "agile business" campaign???
Huge leap indeed
from ball and chain software to software as a service. But will they deliver.
SAP are draining their customers' sap and it does not even taste good on pancakes.
SAP's customers are the real saps
SAP are sapping their customers foundations
and SAP will sass you up ... or is it SaaS.
- Dell charges £5 to switch on power-saving for new PCs (it takes 5 clicks)
- IBM rides nightmarish hardware landscape on OpenPOWER Consortium raft
- Enterprise storage will die just like tape did, say chaps with graphs
- Who fancies a billion-quid bonanza? Just flog the Home Office some shiny walkie-talkies
- Apple's strong iPhone sales crush Wall Street moneymen's tepid expectations