back to article Canonical certs Ubuntu on ProLiants

Canonical, the commercial organization behind the Ubuntu variant of the Debian distribution of Linux, said today that it has certified its Ubuntu 9.04 Server Edition to run on all 17 configurations of Hewlett-Packard's sixth-generation of ProLiant servers. As El Reg was crabbing about earlier this week, HP does not officially …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Meh.

I can't believe that they won't support all versions of all linux distributions on their servers, it's not as if it costs HP time, effort and money or anything.

2. Goat Jam
    Linux

@Fraser

Of course it costs them money.

We are not talking about support as in "yes, that software runs on our hardware", they already say that much. No, they mean support as in "if you have issues we will help you resolve them" and that does cost money.

3. lucky13
    Flame

@ Goat Jam

Do they have sarcasm where you come from?

4. Martin

@Goat Jam

I think Fraser was being just a tiny bit sarky there....

5. cmw
    Linux

News from HP

I received the following email from HP this morning on the subject.

---------------

I thought this information may be useful to you: http://www.ubuntu.com/news/hp-proliant-servers-certified-ubuntu

You'll see a list of certified hardware, note the new DL360/380 G6's are now listed.

By Mid-July we aim to have a bundle including our ProLiant management drivers and utilities available.

Kind Regards,

--

linux.helpcustomers@hp.com team

6. Trevor 3
    Coat

@lucky13

Nope, just the goats, and the jam

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@ @Goat Jams

Yup, 100% good old fashioned sarcasm.

This topic is closed for new posts.