Dell has a three-way deduplication strategy that uses CommVault, EMC/Quantum and Symantec technologies. EMC has bought Data Domain, putting the Quantum technology at risk of replacement. What will Dell do? Back in November Dell said it would develop a single Quantum (DXi)-based de-duplication architecture across its PowerVault, …
Data Domain is good
DD plays well with EMC product, and we get our EMC product from Dell anyway (I think they are EMCs biggest reseller). We're buying DD690s through Dell right now, in advance of the takeover becoming final. There may be some technical challenges in managing convergence but there's no doubt that EMC were buying much more than just market share with this one, the DD technology and IP is well ahead of most people. NetApp must be gutted.
- Windows 10 will now automatically download and install on PCs
- Updated BT broadband is down: Former state monopoly goes TITSUP UK-wide
- BT blames 'faulty router' for mega outage. Did they try turning it off and on again?
- Safe Harbor ripped and replaced with Privacy Shield in last-minute US-Europe deal
- Microsoft buys SwiftKey, Britain's 'stealthiest software startup'