back to article Government cancels Scope 2

The Cabinet Office has cancelled the second phase of work on the development of a secure intelligence network. It confirmed that it has ended the project, following an announcement in July of last year that it had suspended the work. This followed reports of technological problems and escalating costs. A spokesperson for the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Black Helicopters

The Real Reason?

<quote>

Scope 2 was intended to provide for greater collaborative working between the intelligence agencies and government departments.

</quote>

No we dont want that, no plausible deniability!!!

2. Michael Fremlins

Great

"We take this issue very seriously and very aware of the loss of public funds especially at this time."

So who is going to carry the can?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

(untitled)

From the sounds of things, i reckon you could turn a nice little profit in canceled government contracts and i wouldn't be surprised if there were some fat brown envelopes winging their way into an MP's back-pocket as we speak.

Imagine if you will that company A is a good friend with an MP and is awarded a big juicy contract, all consultation in phase 1 all the actual work in phase 2, Now company A runs through Phase 1 gaining some nice hefty chunks of money for very little work done.

Now company A claim job is going to more expensive than initially thought, Government panics and cancels the contract. Company A sit back and wait for the Payoff from the terminated contract then slips a nice little bung to aforementioned MP.

If any MP's are reading this I'll do you a 60/40 split.

4. Jimmy Floyd
    Happy

I'm stunned

"Government cancels..."

I struggled to read past that headline, so stunned was I that actual lack of funds might influence this government's actions...

5. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

Joint Intelligence Committee/Global Intelligence Dilemma .... Real vs Virtual?

....What is Life to Be Like in the Future.

The fact that funds are even considered as having any relevance in Intelligence Conversations is a Sure Clear and Present Sign of the Lack of Intelligence being Supplied...... for it would suggest that Operations are Dictated to by Currency Flow/Liquidity and that would be a Mistake in Intelligence as it Transfers Proxy Remote Control to Bankers Playing with and Plying Money to Run the System, which is a Good Plan when Supplying Bread to Intelligence.

Without Future Intelligence is everything Lost to SMARTer Enabled Flexible Contemporaries with Nothing to Lose and Everything to Gain in the Virtual Silence of ZerodDays Traded and Prepping for Action and Ready 42 Go.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@AC 11:40

"so what you're saying is that under the right circumstances, a producer could actually make more money with a flop than he can with a hit.? ..."

Mel Brooks had the right idea...

7. John Smith 19 Gold badge
    FAIL

so whose the lead contractor?

Come on some one must know. Hmmm.

Accenture, the Texas cowboys of EDS (now HP), Crap Gemini?

The usual virtual fiver for info.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like