back to article BT to flog Microsoft cloud, unified comms services

BT has agreed to punt Microsoft’s online services to its business customers. The UK telecoms giant confirmed it had inked a deal with Redmond today. Financial details of the agreement were kept secret. BT said it would resell Microsoft’s Dedicated Business Productivity Online Suite to its corporate clients. The company plans …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It's news to me...

As an employee of Gobble Services, my default browser homepage treats me to 'all the latest news' from the wonderful world of BTGS. Imagine my total unsurprise that I hear about things like this from El Reg first.

(The corporate news feed's current top item is that "BT Global Services chief executive Hanif Lalani has been presented with an honorary doctorate in business administration"... apparently he DIDN'T buy it from an email spammer...)

2. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

I can't image the lag on these ...

products over the Internet. They're slow enough over a LAN if there is any load on them. Companies must be spending a fortune on servers to run these clouds.

Makes me wonder what the life expectancy of the cloud as a business model is.

Paris, because I think she needs to release a new "personal" video to keep her business model running.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

BT and Microsoft together

BT and Microsoft together. What could possibly go wrong.

(Hint: NPfIT)

And quite what this black cloud has got to do with BT's much-delayed much-overhyped 21CN is a mystery to me.

4. Ascylto
    FAIL

Microsoft + BT

Do you think they imagined that two negatives would make a positive?

Hello! This is Customer Servicings, Kevin speakings, how can BTSoft help me today? Which cloud linings would you like to be experiencing today?

5. Rex Alfie Lee
    WTF?

If we build it they will come!

What with a monopoly on both teams how can we lose? They have to have it.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like