back to article Intel slashes prices on desktop, server chips

Chip maker Intel has cut prices between 11 and 19 percent on a host of desktop and entry server processors. The company rarely explains its quarterly price tweaks - which tend to happen in the wake of its posting of financial results for the prior quarter - and this time around was no different. But the nature of the price …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. adnim

Surprise, surprise!

Intel reduce prices where AMD are competitive.

I think prices need to drop on i7 mainboards and perhaps i7 CPU's too, especially when most mainstream applications and much home computer use needs little more than a core 2 dual core CPU. These price cuts are poor incentive for me to upgrade, perhaps others who are already running core 2 duo and core 2 quad will feel the same.

2. windywoo
    Thumb Up

Great

Prices were really high for a while due to the poor pound. The processor I bought a year a go had actually gone up in price by about £30. Oddly, AMD's prices had not gone up or maybe I just wasn't watching them as closely.

Anyway, I can't see myself buying another Core 2 Duo or Core 2 Quad, I'm saving up the extra dough for an i7 which requires a new motherboard etc.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like