back to article Capita loving the recession

Everyone's favourite outsourcing firm and public sector provider Capita has had a solid start to the year, growing revenue by 11 per cent - eight per cent in organic terms - and growing profit before tax by 18 per cent. Capita turned over £1.3bn in the first half of 2009 compared to £1.18bn in the first six months of 2008. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. spencer
    Stop

crapita

When the tories come in i hope these bunch of cowboys get kicked out on to the street.

2. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Clever...

That's a great idea Spencer... put in excess of 40,000 people on Job Seekers. My, aren't you clever.

3. Daniel 1

"Organic terms"

What does growth "in organic terms" mean? Is it like what goes on in the u-bend on my sink, that I have to keep getting rid of?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Grenade

Revenue Up, Profits Up - Time to lay people off!

And yet - "due to the difficult economic circumstances", they put a pay freeze in place - for everyone below director level, of course - and are laying people off by the hundreds (I go in a couple weeks). And in the layoffs, they were trying to screw people out of accrued holidays by "rounding" to completed months only (so if you were laid off 23/07, they would give you 50% of your year's holiday entitlement instead of the 56% you were entitled to) until they were picked up on it by someone who was paying attention.

I second Spencer's sentiments of " i hope these bunch of cowboys get kicked out on to the street", though after 5 years working for them, I would put it more strongly, and would love to be involved in the kicking!

<--suck on THAT, crapita!

5. Platelet
    Go

talking crap

Capita will simply buy the Tory party as they did labour

6. Rob Clive
    Happy

Textbook

A classic example of a public sector service company: treat your employees like s**t, produce junk products but ensure they're mandated by the right people (eg SIMS), then sit back and let the £££s roll in. The best bit is you can debug the software as you go and people will pay over the odds for it.

Plus there's no real danger of competition or fear of losing out. I *knew* I was in the wrong business

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@ spencer

sounds like a very well informed moronism to me, Spencer. If they were indeed such cowboys, they'd not be that successful especially in the current economic climate.

Fair play to them really.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Give Crapita a chance!

Hang on a moment here, if you work for 'Crapita' as everyone seems to call it, if you dont like it, FIND ANOTHER JOB!

Hilton - Because she knows better!

9. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

@AC 15:11

Drug dealers and people traffickers are also thriving in the current economic climate; that doesn't make what they do, or how they do it, all right.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like