back to article Microsoft pact holds gun to Yahoo!'s stuffed elephant

You didn't shed a tear over the death of Yahoo!'s independent search engine? That may change. As the two companies finally ended the epic gestation period for their inevitable web search pact, Yahoo! and Microsoft announced that Bing - Redmond's fledgling decision engine search engine - will be "the exclusive algorithmic …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Alert

D!ng Dong

The w!tch is dead! (OK so the flying money was killed by the wicked witch.)

2. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

just as long

As it stays with the search engine. I don't want MS to be taking over the Yahoo email business to MSN, I like my yahoo account and do not want that rubbish MSN hotmail crud to be used as a replacement. Nor do I want to be infected with that messenger thing that just will not go away.

3. steogede
    Coat

Bing!

Should have been the title of this article.

4. kibbled_bits

not good

this is bad for competition period. Yahoo is surrendering search engine market even though they have more marketshare than Microsoft. :(

5. DennisCB
    Grenade

That explains a lot

Now i understand why all of a sudden Google's map has suddenly developed some excellent new tricks, it's the start of a very public war.

Now if Google would broadside the creaking Microsoft hulk with a fully fledged and supported operating system to compete against Windows........................

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like