back to article Flash update plugs zero-day Adobe vuln

Adobe released an update to its Flash Player software on Thursday, completing a busy week of security updates from the software developer. Users are advised to upgrade to Flash version 10.0.32.18 to defend against a cross-platform flaw that has become the focus of hacking attacks since last week. Components of the vulnerable …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. richardh
    Happy

Linux 64-bit

And there's even a recompiled for 64-bit Linux. Surprisingly swift given how long it took them to get the original out of the door!

2. Anonymous Coward
    Pint

re: Linux 64-bit

I was a little surprised, but very pleased.

Now, surely all they need to do is wrap it up in an rpm and stick it in the adobe yum repo and we're done.

3. Aortic Aneurysm
    Thumb Down

Ahhh...

So this is why I was getting asked to update Adobe AIR earlier.

Guess I better do it, for all the time I use iPlayer.

4. yossarianuk
    Thumb Up

Arch already has it!

Arch linux already has the updated flash in its repos.... I'm sure ubuntu will be soon.

Those of us running these distros do get the Flash update by out normal os updates..

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Arrgh

Under windows you've got to patch twice for Flash, once for IE and once for everything else!!

6. Cameron Colley
    Thumb Up

RE:re: Linux 64-bi

I'd like to see a .deb too -- but I was pleased to see the 64bit version was kept up to date.

Thanks to El Reg for the heads-up.

7. PushF12
    Pint

Nostalgia for Windows 98 and Macromedia Flash

I'm nostalgic for Windows 98, but each hole found in a legacy application makes it a worse idea to connect such a computer to the Internet.

So far, there are critical vulnerabilities in the Windows 98 SMB implementation, Internet Explorer 6, *Macromedia* Flash, Netscape Navigator, Microsoft Office, etc.

8. AndrewOneDegree

Not surprised

Im not surprised that Adobe is having to address such viruses and malware. Microsoft has been used to it for years becuase they are the main target of shi*s that right such code...It has always made me laugh that other copmanies claim "use our software, we dont have such security issues" when the truth is they do, but no one has bothered to try and exploit them...

Welcome to the real world Adobe, you going to have to make security updates more frequently im sure....

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like