The Channel logo

back to article Cisco pumps up small business line

The nearest thing to Cisco's heart is clearly a nice, solid conglom to sell oodles of networking kit. But about a year ago, the company glued together products and people from across LinkSys and its US reseller channel to create a new unified SMB program. Since then, the company has been punting small business technology with …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Unhappy

False Advertisement?

At first I was intrigued, but then I started reading. This product doesn't have UTM. UTM is comprised of Anti-Virus, Anti-Spyware, Intrusion Prevention, Content Filtering and sometimes Anti-Spam. This product can only do Content Filtering and Anti-Spam through MX record redirection. Their Anti-Virus claim comes only from the fact that they block viruses in email while doing Anti-Spam. No AV, Anti-Spyware or IPS for regular traffic, so they might as well just call it a stateful firewall and charge 100 bucks for it.

Shame Cisco, shame. This is not really marketing any more, but just wishful thinking.

Unhappy

I won't sell Cisco, they are too big for their breaches

HI, after being accepted as a Cisco authorized dealer, I was then rejected because I work from my house. Forget that I have sold millions in computer parts and am a NASA system integrator. Cisco sales management is out of touch with today's economy.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Opinion

Killer whale

Chris Mellor

Firm cites 'low demand' plus 'abusers'

Tim Worstall

Or why the reversal of globalisation ain't gonna 'appen
The full Spanglish breakfast: mealy pudding, bacon, black pudding, sausages, fried egg, toast
Blood image

Trevor Pott

Can the storage giant overcome a lack of necessary leadership?

Features

No, silly... he was the fall guy for years of Finnish folly
Fraud image
Frodo and the Ring
Microsoft's strategy is to make Store apps popular. Good luck with that