The nearest thing to Cisco's heart is clearly a nice, solid conglom to sell oodles of networking kit. But about a year ago, the company glued together products and people from across LinkSys and its US reseller channel to create a new unified SMB program. Since then, the company has been punting small business technology with …
At first I was intrigued, but then I started reading. This product doesn't have UTM. UTM is comprised of Anti-Virus, Anti-Spyware, Intrusion Prevention, Content Filtering and sometimes Anti-Spam. This product can only do Content Filtering and Anti-Spam through MX record redirection. Their Anti-Virus claim comes only from the fact that they block viruses in email while doing Anti-Spam. No AV, Anti-Spyware or IPS for regular traffic, so they might as well just call it a stateful firewall and charge 100 bucks for it.
Shame Cisco, shame. This is not really marketing any more, but just wishful thinking.
I won't sell Cisco, they are too big for their breaches
HI, after being accepted as a Cisco authorized dealer, I was then rejected because I work from my house. Forget that I have sold millions in computer parts and am a NASA system integrator. Cisco sales management is out of touch with today's economy.
- Windows Phone will snatch biz No 2 spot from Android – analyst
- You think the CLOUD's insecure? It's BETTER than UK.GOV's DATA CENTRES
- Exclusive Oracle to axe over 450 jobs in Euro support centres – sources
- We're not, er, 'cut-throat' capitalists – VC formerly known as ISIS
- Huawei: KRYDER STORAGE CRISIS is REAL and 'we’re working on it'