The nearest thing to Cisco's heart is clearly a nice, solid conglom to sell oodles of networking kit. But about a year ago, the company glued together products and people from across LinkSys and its US reseller channel to create a new unified SMB program. Since then, the company has been punting small business technology with …
At first I was intrigued, but then I started reading. This product doesn't have UTM. UTM is comprised of Anti-Virus, Anti-Spyware, Intrusion Prevention, Content Filtering and sometimes Anti-Spam. This product can only do Content Filtering and Anti-Spam through MX record redirection. Their Anti-Virus claim comes only from the fact that they block viruses in email while doing Anti-Spam. No AV, Anti-Spyware or IPS for regular traffic, so they might as well just call it a stateful firewall and charge 100 bucks for it.
Shame Cisco, shame. This is not really marketing any more, but just wishful thinking.
I won't sell Cisco, they are too big for their breaches
HI, after being accepted as a Cisco authorized dealer, I was then rejected because I work from my house. Forget that I have sold millions in computer parts and am a NASA system integrator. Cisco sales management is out of touch with today's economy.
- Microsoft boots 1,500 dodgy apps from the Windows Store
- Windows 7 settles as Windows XP use finally starts to slip … a bit
- HUGE iPAD? Maybe. HUGE ADVERTS? That's for SURE
- Tim Cook: I'm NOT worried about CRAP iPad sales. It's just a 'speedbump'
- Too slow with that iPhone refresh, Apple: Android is GOBBLING up US mobile market