Murphy is back, and sleepy storage supplier Reldata had better get used to a new management regime. Steven FX Murphy was the CEO of archival optical storage vendor Plasmon when it crashed and burned. It was assumed by several folks that Murphy was burned by the experience himself, and would go off and play golf for a good long …
Too bad CEOs aren't more like ship captains
You are too kind with the odd dollar or million comment. I believe the number was more likely in the neighborhood of the odd 50 million or so.
To be fair to Steve the Plasmon ship was taking on water long before he arrived. He was able to raise $18M in new money, but charm alone wasn't enough to do the job. From an investor standpoint Plasmon was a modern day RMS Titanic. As a financial vessel it was a disaster that took hundreds of people down with it.
The only real beneficiay was Alliance and they got a heck of a deal thanks to Steve.
I hope that Reldata has a strong CFO. In the meanwhile I will save my pennies.
- Got Windows 8.1 Update yet? Get ready for YET ANOTHER ONE – rumor
- Dell charges £5 to switch on power-saving for new PCs (it takes 5 clicks)
- IBM rides nightmarish hardware landscape on OpenPOWER Consortium raft
- Enterprise storage will die just like tape did, say chaps with graphs
- Who fancies a billion-quid bonanza? Just flog the Home Office some shiny walkie-talkies