Murphy is back, and sleepy storage supplier Reldata had better get used to a new management regime. Steven FX Murphy was the CEO of archival optical storage vendor Plasmon when it crashed and burned. It was assumed by several folks that Murphy was burned by the experience himself, and would go off and play golf for a good long …
Too bad CEOs aren't more like ship captains
You are too kind with the odd dollar or million comment. I believe the number was more likely in the neighborhood of the odd 50 million or so.
To be fair to Steve the Plasmon ship was taking on water long before he arrived. He was able to raise $18M in new money, but charm alone wasn't enough to do the job. From an investor standpoint Plasmon was a modern day RMS Titanic. As a financial vessel it was a disaster that took hundreds of people down with it.
The only real beneficiay was Alliance and they got a heck of a deal thanks to Steve.
I hope that Reldata has a strong CFO. In the meanwhile I will save my pennies.
- Despite best efforts, fewer and fewer women are working in tech
- Comment NSA, GCHQ and even Donald Trump are all after your data
- Virgin Media boss warns Brexit could hamstring broadband investment
- AMD is a rounding error on Intel's spreadsheet and that sucks for us all
- Sky’s CEO drops MVNO bombshell at results conference