back to article Home Office signs £430m contract extensions

The Home Office is spending £330m with Fujitsu and £100m with Atos Origin to extend existing deals with the two companies. The agreements, signed on 8 October 2009, will extend the Home Office's £550m Sirius contract with Fujitsu and the UK Borders Agency's £250m contract with Atos Origin. Some 24,000 users across the Home …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Fred Flintstone Gold badge
    Coat

So, the obvious question has alread been answered..

It blends, obviously..

2. micheal
    FAIL

Well that takes care of

the redundancy payouts to the 17000 staff Fujitsu are culling, now where's the clause that say's "the cost will overrun and multiply 10-fold over the next 5 years" to cover the Fujitsu directors pension funds?

3. Winkypop Silver badge
    Thumb Down

More money

More waste

More corporate greed

More of the same

More taxes....

4. Aristotles slow and dimwitted horse
    FAIL

How exactly?

"The extended contracts are a great achievement, which will help the Home Office improve the service we provide to the public."

What a pile of crap. Same old tired spin from the same tired civil servants.

The only engagement I have with UK immigration is when I come through airports and ports... so here's a tip - what would really be of benefit to me as a member of the public is when I come off of a long haul flight into Heathrow, that there actually be more than two immigration people checking the passports, so that I don't have to wait for 50 minutes to clear immigration due to the other 3 flights that landed at the same time as mine.

Less tech + More people = better public service.

5. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Atos Origin

Friends who use the BA internal systems say they are still have to hot desk as it's a case of 1 PC for several staff. They also say it take a lonnnnnng time to boot the damm thing in the first place.

Annon for obvious reasons.

6. Anonymous Coward
    IT Angle

this is no surprise

Civil Servant bean counters don't know anything about technology. Gordon has bought into the fact that tech=competent, along with plans to flog off the Chunnel (more fun for folk using it)=recipe for disaster. In my experience of working with them as a low grader, team leaders et al had no to little idea of how their Windows boxes worked. I knew more than they did, but got paid less, and as for training... pfftt. Government, tech and transport don't mix. Simple as that.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like