back to article Canonical pushes out Ubuntu 9.10 server

If you are getting ready to build your own internal cloud-style virtual infrastructure, Canonical - the commercial entity behind the Ubuntu distro of Linux - really wants you to think outside of the box and consider the forthcoming "Karmic Koala" Ubuntu 9.10 Server Edition. Canonical is looking to build some excitement for …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

It's easy/a lot easier whenever you have assembled all the component parts

"No one has figured out how to run all three hypervisors under the same framework and make the VMs easily convertible from one hypervisor to another, but also to be able to port or live migrate VMs on the fly and convert them to, say, an Amazon Machine Image (AMI) format for the EC2 public cloud. This AMI format is a secret that Amazon holds pretty close, but it is widely believed to be a homegrown variant of the Xen hypervisor."

Sharing relevant and appropriate to task information on the browser page and/or blog spot allows for hypervisor control and/or the grooming/phorming/purchase of such controls, however it is one thing to figure it out and share it and quite another, [because of its intelligently designed security complexity for maintenance of exclusive proprietary adavantage] to use and abuse such controls, which are quantum based, being both real and virtual at the same time and able to morph at will across both fields.

2. jake Silver badge
    Unhappy

Eh?

""People who have been exploring cloud computing have really only be able to use public clouds," says Steve George, director of support services at Canonical."

That has got to be the most idiotic thing I've ever read with regard to *aas.

And I'm not commenting on the piss-poor English, either ...

Earth to Steve George: "clouds" are just another name for "not owned by the user(s)" ... We've been there, we've done that, and we aren't interested.

Extremely lonely disenfranchised teens not withstanding ...

3. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge
    Alien

Madness and Genius are Two Relativity Sides of the One COIN with ITs Singularity of Purpose.

Oh, and re these quantum based classes of control, for there are as many as one would wish, it is apparently also a Microsoft interest/of interest to Microsoft , if you are a firm believer in their wish to be the Pre-eminent and Dominant Operating System force/source [Embrace, Extend and Extinguish Facility]..... "In the Object Linking and Embedding 2.0 Programmer's Reference there is a very curious term. On page 78, the second paragraph starts with the sentence, "In the aggregation model, this internal communication is achieved through coordination with a special instance of IUnknown interface known as the /controlling unknown/ of the aggregate." The term "controlling unknown" is a very interesting choice of words. It is not the most intuitively obvious term for what it is describing (a base class used for implementing an object-oriented data exchange/embedding system)." ...... and I shall not dwell upon these few words, also found upon the same page as the above quotation, as it would only be a red herring which may confuse and slow elevation/ascendancy to higher thoughts ....."UN-authorised CAPITALISATION and DISSOCIATION of this IMPORTANT INFORMATION is ENCOURAGED." :-)

Quotations and a novel tale, which may or may not be true and relevant to hypervision and NEUKlearer HyperRadioProActive IT, can be found here .... http://www.awpi.com/Combs/Humor/microill.html

And there y'all were thinking that Microsoft had lost its touch and the plot. :-)

4. h4rm0ny
    Gates Halo

@amanfromMars 1

But the information source comes not from Mars (where we might trust it) but from AUSTIN publishers. Do you really think one may trust a source so close to one of B.Ill.'s master's strongholds? Or is that area covered in JAMs these days?

Illuminated Gates, for obvious reasons.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Linux

what cloud

Said it before:- Cloud computing is just another way to out source. If you have not learned any lessons about out sourcing in recent years (relating to its true costs, its lack of real tangibility of your own resources and the eggs in one basket idea) then you deserve to have it fail for you.

Also can i use standard languages for the code run in a cloud? By standard i mean the same languages that we use here in the enterprise... er no then! (no we don't use python and not likely to anytime soon... )

Lastly since i have no interest in cloud computing in any way, then i can skip this upgrade to 9.10... still not that impressed by 9.04

6. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

Words to the Wise

"And there y'all were thinking that Microsoft had lost its touch and the plot. :-)" .... h4rm0ny, I was trying some sarcasm with that last comment and will promise to try and not try it again in the future. I never trust any source which hides itself away and is frightened to speak up for itself .... and there is a remarkable stealth available in a fantastic tale which is thought unbelievable.

7. h4rm0ny

@Wise Words

And I merely tried to continue minding that irony-rich vein. Enjoying it, also false but flattering Titles, I shall continue to try to try, but cease trying here, lest our courteous webHosts find our joint trying trying.

I shall look carefully for Remarkable Stealth in future, especially when the face sharing it looks Cydonian,

H.

8. Skydreamer
    Alien

@amanfromMars 1

Is it true that "amafromMars 1" indicates you are not "amanfromMars"? Or are we observing a new phase in your evolution?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like