back to article Intel and AMD tussle over antitrust case evidence

Intel and AMD crossed sabers in US District court on Wednesday with dueling motions seeking sanctions against one another. Both their calls for courtly relief relate to the other's supposedly abominable email-saving strategies for the antitrust case filed by AMD four years ago. Intel to AMD: I know you are, but what am I? …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. asdf
    FAIL

yawn

Honestly I tend to side with the underdog against a large abusive monopolists but in the case AMD sure looks pathetic. The have valid points of course but it will be hard to convince the court it is all Intel's fault when this company has had so many self inflicted gunshot wounds the last three years. By the way Hector where is all that synergy from buying ATI? AMD has alway been a bit of an also ran except when they were on top of the world for a few years. Alas their inept managment stole defeat from the jaws of victory and they have had how many losing quarters in a row now? I hope AMD stays in the game to keep pushing Intel and keeping prices low but honestly AMD management has done more damage to AMD share prices the last three or four years than Intel ever did.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

Bismark said: only idiots learn from their own mistakes

Alas their inept managment stole defeat from the jaws of victory and they have had how many losing quarters in a row now

Lessons which Intel learned:

1. You cannot rest on your laurels

2. You cannot get innovation in a country where everyone says "YES" and for one worker you have to pay for their inlaws, cousin and uncle as well. Intel revived the moment it pulled out of said country and moved the core of its R&D to a country where they are extremely firm on saying NO when NO is to be said. Everyone sufficiently sane would have said NO just looking at how NetBust scales, however in the aforementioned country they trumpeted fake R&D successes for it for 2+ years.

However, it looks like ONLY ONE OTHER COMPANY - Cisco has closely followed what Intel did and pulled out of said "Yes Sir" country as well. Everyone else is falling heads over heels to go there. Guess it is always good to by in a close Satyam relationship (as long as you are a member of the right board to utilise it).

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like