back to article Microsoft U-turns on Exchange Server 2007 support

Microsoft's reversed its decision not to support Exchange Server 2007 on its latest Windows Server, potentially forcing users to upgrade to Exchange Server 2010 released today. The three-year-old edition of Microsoft's email and collaboration server will now run on Windows Server 2008 R2, released last month. Microsoft cited …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Michael C

Great...

...now where's Office 2010 to use with it???

2. Gerald Keen
    FAIL

Mucky writing

could you go through what you have written and tidy it up please - clear up the poor english grammar and make it straight forward to read. It reads as if you garbled this down a phone line to a speech-to-text PC at the other end. I have read it several times and it contradicts itself over and over.

Not being rude - I genuinely want to understand what you have to say but at the moment am finding it a tad confusing.

3. Tony-A
    Pint

@Mucky writing

...consider the material, This IS Microsoft.

4. Field Marshal Von Krakenfart
    Linux

See Icon for details

"If we cannot meet our mandate of using the same OS for all servers and a standard collaborative mail server architecture from Microsoft, then we will have to look at other offerings."

5. phoenix
    Badgers

MS

I understand the issues surrounding not supporting 2007 on 2008R2 but it has made a lot of people stop and think twice about how to go foward from here. I am fairly neutral on this as I am only a small scale user of Exchange but for bigger players I can how this is a big headache.

I think there is a good arguement here to switch away from MS and chose GNU/Linux / Unix option for less bells and whistles type users, who just want their mail to go to and from with a choice of clients, MTAs, MDAs to modify if they wish. MS have a habit of overcomplicating certain aspects of their products and also leaving out some very useful features that other free systems have in them.

6. Steen
    Gates Horns

Exchange 2010?

Damn! I thought 2007 was the latest version, to much to soon, thank goodness Exch 2003 still works well.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Arrogant Microsoft

Arrogant, arrogant Microsoft. When will they learn?

Listening to what customers want and then doing exactly that is no way to run a business. . . oh, wait. . . .

8. Scott Mckenzie

Snow Leopard Server...

...has a great built in Mail client :)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like