back to article Microsoft squirts out Office 2010 public beta

Microsoft plans to punt five different flavours of its Office 2010 suite when it lands in the first half of next year. Customers will be able to get their hands on Ribbon-wrapped Standard, Home and Business, Professional Plus, Professional and Home and Student editions of the software, with three of those versions hitting …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

What is its USP?

Apart from the Cloud?

No thanks microsoft. I'll stick with Office 2003 thank you. It does everything I need. I'm certainly not going to let others (aka microsoft) keep my data on their servers. At first glance this fall foul of the Data Protection Act but hey, I'm not a lawyer so who am I to say?

2. dustofnations
    Thumb Up

Visio also available

It would seem that Visio is also available through the beta programme;

x64 http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=90573fc9-25ab-42bb-a922-c2aca21ac094&displaylang=en

x86 http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/info.aspx?fFamilyID%3dc2163171-4172-4d0a-9f14-2e6da16c027f

3. Al fazed
    Happy

Micostuff Orifice

I began my PC life with Word 6 for Windows, got a City & Guilds cert in Office 97, my BSc using Office 2000, an ECDL in Office XP, buggered about with 2003 on client's machines for a while. However I only saw Office 2007 for the first time yesterday.

I have had less enthusiasm for each release, especially as those learning curves are costly and very frustrating. I felt physically sick when I saw Word 2007. I don't want to go back there, simplez !

I don't have to, Open Office is only one of a number of Microsoft's competitors.

I hope Office 2010 goes the same way as Vista !

Just 'cos I can.

ALF

4. DannyAston
    Thumb Up

Ref: Micostuff Orifice #

I had the same mindset as you until it was thrust on me to use, after about 2 - 3 weeks I loved it - plus is it faster in every aspect.

Danny

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like