back to article Man guilty of selling fake chips to US Navy

A 32-year-old California man has pleaded guilty to selling thousands of counterfeit computer processors to the US Navy. Neil Felahy of Newport Coast, California pleaded guilty to conspiracy and trafficking in counterfeit goods charges. As part of a plea bargain Felahy has agreed to co-operate with the US authorities. He faces …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Version 1.0 Silver badge
    Thumb Down

Edward II

We got 500 AD op-amps a while back that turned out to be fake (@ $5 each) - spec'd at 110dB CMRR and measured at 60dB... we discovered this during final assembly testing.

Personally I hope he gets the Edward II treatment with a few sticks of ICs...

2. Anonymous Coward
    Dead Vulture

THE story

Yawn. At least the new comments section looks nice.

3. Quxy
    Black Helicopters

Clueless -- or sting?

The indictment says that the US Navy entered into these contracts in 2009. But pretty much everyone in the electronic component distribution business knew at least a year earlier that MVP Micro, Force-One, and Labra were scammers. Either Navy procurement is even more clueless than I thought, or this was a sting set up to involve the heavy hand of the gummint...

4. Joe User

A fitting punishment

When this wanker needs a pacemaker, be sure that it's fitted with one of his chips.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Throw their arses in the slammer

Throw their worthless arses in the slammer for twenty years and fine them $10 million.

6. Colin Miller
    WTF?

Selling dodgy equipment to the DoD?

I'd hate to be his neighbours. Incoming!

7. Richard Porter

Oh well...

at least he wasn't selling fake ships to the US Navy.

8. Winkypop Silver badge
    Pirate

Fishy naval chips

Blimey!

Keel-haul the squibs!

9. Fred 24
    Stop

So this is not OK, but..

...when electronics are programmed to develop 'faults' just around the manufactures warranted period expires no one gets any grief at all... odd that!

This topic is closed for new posts.