back to article Sage payment processor goes titsup - again

SagePay has been hit by what appears to be yet another spectacular outage, only three months on since the payment processor, which serves 25,000 firms in the UK and Ireland, collapsed for 24 hours on 8 September. Customers have contacted The Register to complain about SagePay's latest unscheduled lie-down. The service, which …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Brilliant

So brilliantly I placed an online order with Saturday delivery around 3pm today (Friday). Unforuntunately the vendor uses Sage Pay, and for some reason their system showed my TX and being DECLINED. Phoned the card company, they say it went through.

Sad thing is, whilst they're running off the backup, it's not possible for the vendor to go back and check the status of a payment that I successfully made, however if they were to re-process it now, it would work. Of course they can't do that because there's already a payment in the works that neither they nor the card company can refund until the SagePay system is back online.

So yes, typical clusterfuck from SagePay / Protx. Now I'm looking at a Tuesday delivery, and of course I'll be out of the country by then. Brilliant.

2. Gary F
    FAIL

Sagepay are t*ssers

I spent most of this afternoon chasing a retailer to process my payment for essential NICs that we needed for a build. The retailer said he was getting error messages from the Sagepay server. After 4 hours he took a manual payment over the phone using a different system.

Let's rename SagePay to SagePray - 'cos that's you want need to do to keep it from going down!

3. b166er

Failed for me at the VBV

Play and MyMemory both lost out because of it. Bet they're not happy about the lost orders.

4. Seventh of 7th
    Joke

What a Turkey.

Is this the first time Sage took a stuffing at Christmas?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

Very Bad Mess!!

this one is a real mess....We have numerous transactions that were presented to SP but did not return successful, our system says NO/TIMEOUT theirs says Yes and has debited the customers... any operators/customers trying a second time resulted in the same outcome..

I've spent all morning reconciling our system to the sage pay reports.. now I've got shedloads of refunds to credit and recipts to send out... GRRR!!

It is likely some vendors wont bother until you complain.

If you were Declined/Failed over the weekend (starting 2:30 Friday) check your bill carefully!!

Whoever sold Protx to Sagge deserves to be burned at the stake, with/by their piles of money!

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Ditto

------

this one is a real mess....We have numerous transactions that were presented to SP but did not return successful, our system says NO/TIMEOUT theirs says Yes and has debited the customers... any operators/customers trying a second time resulted in the same outcome..

------

Ditto...

------

Whoever sold Protx to Sagge deserves to be burned at the stake, with/by their piles of money!

------

... and Amen.

I'd set our site up to email status reports from every SagePay transaction that wasn't successful so that I could keep an eye on it when we implemented 3D Secure (figuring "3 Domain Secure", third point of failure more like).

Maybe everyone should add the "support" email address to any automatic error reporting they have on their site so that at the first sign of a cURL/SagePay error that support address gets mail-bombed by every website hit by the outage... ummm, unless that DDoSs the SagePay server... that won't help anybody :)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like