back to article Shuttleworth steps down as Canonical CEO

Mark Shuttleworth - the billionaire founder of the Ubuntu Linux project that was started in 2004 and the chief executive officer of Canonical, the company that provides support and services for Ubuntu - is apparently sick of paperwork. Starting on March 1 next year, Jane Silber - one of the earliest employees Shuttleworth …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Change can be good

I think Ubuntu will benefit from this change.

2. RiverOfLife
    Happy

The "Steviefiction" of Shuttleworth ...

At last! Someone from the Linux world stepping up to the same job-spec as Steve Jobs - focusing on the important stuff, the strategy and what-not. Who else but Mark Shuttleworth ...

uPhone, anyone?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Take your pick.

Deposed Donkey.

Dethroned Drongo.

Dedesked Dodo.

4. Fred 24
    Thumb Up

Time for hunting

This is great news. So Mr Shuttleworth has passed the helm to another to leave himself free to hunt the bigger issues. I think now things are about to get very interesting.

5. John Sanders
    Linux

I hope it is named...

Much Improved Q.A.

Latest Ubuntu weirdy weird is quite nice, but it has small nasty bugs everywhere I look.

The amount of regressions is alarming.

6. Neoc

Virtual machines are good....

... but does anyone know where I can get my hands on a "reverse" Virtual Machine application.

I.e., if a VM is a way to create several machine instances running transparently on a piece of hardware, a Reverse VM would be to create a single machine instance running transparently over several pieces of hardware. In other word, make my 7 networked PCs look like one single PC with 7 CPUs and shiteload of memory.

Hmmm... wonder if it would be possible to combine the two: make one RVM out of a set of PCs, then run both a Linux VM and a Windows VM on top of that virtual hardware (Linux for me, Windows for the wife).

7. SilverWave
    Boffin

Pure speculation? - so tahts not a definite no then is it?

Hmm Google could buy them up for the Google Chrome OS?

8. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge
    Alien

Fantastic Fellows Ship with Fabulous Followers Forging Future Field Fair Fare Ware.*

"(If you are not made at least a little jealous by that, check your pulse)." .... :-)

Is that Rehash of Systems Operations, MS finally deciding to SurReally Fly a Master Piloted New World Order Program with Base Cloud Control Interfaces ...... C42 Units ...... Command and Control of Computers and Communications for Creation from CyberSpace with Advanced IntelAIgent Virtual Defences? Or are they Third Party Applications to be Enjoined and Steered Sublimely?

The Future would like to know whether Mark is up to the Mark for ITs Tasks/ARGonaut Quests.

* A Disruptive Multi-Use Quantum Communications Technology and/or AIMethodological Algorithm which Extraordinarily Renders Conflict and Conflicting Systems, Obsolete and Self Destructive Harmful.

MSRSVPamfM re NEUKlearer HyperRadioProActive IT ProgramMING.

1. blackworx
      Paris Hilton

All well and good

But is it art?

9. elderlybloke
    Happy

Dear new CEO

Just make Ubuntu 9.10 work for me , mainly let me get onto the Internet.

Now on 8.10, very old Ubuntu.

Viva Ubuntu

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like