back to article IBM reloads Sun poaching gun

With the European Union finally giving approval to Oracle's $7.4bn acquisition of Sun Microsystems last week, IBM is stepping up efforts to exploit any untapped feelings of uncertainty in shops using Sun iron. On Tuesday, IBM announced the addition of new software to its four-year-old “Migration Factory” vendor poaching …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. MacRat

Sun has Customers?

There is still something let to poach?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Black Helicopters

Yes they do...

And those that defect won't go to IBM.

Sun was always in IBM's 'white space'. That is, those customers either think .. 'Anybody but IBM' or 'IBM as the vendor of last choice.'

2. Adrian Challinor
    Joke

Cruel

Cruel. True, but still very cruel.

3. Kebabbert

IBM FUD

Just the normal IBM FUD. Nothing new. IBM is really afraid of Oracle/SUN. :o)

"IBM hopes to stir up concerns of Sun's new ownership by stirring up unproven fears. “The future of Sun's hardware business is highly uncertain given its imminent acquisition by Oracle,” IBM said on its Sun server migration page. “

4. DJUNIX
    Thumb Up

Already had a migration plan

I work in Healthcare, and I could tell you that we were planning to move off of SUN over a year ago (we planned this before the news of SUN looking for any takers of its company ... the writing was on the wall).

So last year, we purchased some HP equipment to run some of the infrastructure pieces we have and some oracle databases (running Linux or windows). Our ERP was running on Sun, but now running on AIX. Also, we are in the process of implementing an EMR and went with AIX as well.

I admit I'm am bias towards Linux, but I think it was a no brainer!! Of course those who have something to loose on SUN side will think I’m wrong.

5. kit
    Go

Kit

More to poach

According Larry , there are still 4000 customers still on Sun's account. May be they will switch to IBM soon.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like