back to article Russians approve, um, Sunacle deal

I guess we all know what Larry Ellison thinks of the Federal Antimonopoly Service, the antitrust regulatory body in Russia. While the European Union was credited with holding up the $7.4bn acquisition of Sun Microsystems by Oracle, the FAS was supposed to have a say in whether or not the deal went through too. But about one …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Lance 3

Amazing

I learned two things from this article.

1) There are regulations in Russia.

2) They have a court.

2. Goat Jam
    Coat

Finally

Now, if only those pesky Outer Mongolian regulators would hurry up ol' Larry could get on with the business of making his next billion

3. ElReg!comments!Pierre

I think we all know the real answer. It doesn't mean anything

???

You know, Timothy, that's for remarks like that that 3/4 of the world positively hate merkins, and the remaining 1/4 despise them.

Some people never learn I guess.

1. steve 44
      Troll

Not really.................

It's remarks like that that make us read el reg. However, it's comments like your's that make us think you are a pompous idiot.

Troll, cuz it's the closest thing to a facepalm icon that i can see.

1. ElReg!comments!Pierre

Steve 44 wrote something. What does it mean?

Of course we all know the answer. It means nothing.

4. ElReg!comments!Pierre
    Coat

What is the Russian for cheeky? (Made ya look).

Nope ya daint.

I cou'n't v' 'p'd t'nderst'nd da b'dy tang 'ther, m't'v helped bro

5. EnigmaForce
    WTF?

Meanwhile, Solaris 10 just got a whole lot less "free"

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.unix.solaris/browse_thread/thread/202d4aa9a3441c2a#

1. Peter Hawkins
      FAIL

Wrong... it's still free

Solaris 10 is still free. If you don't register for a free Entitlement Document it's just 90 days.

"The registration process to receive an Entitlement Document is part of the Solaris download process, with the Entitlement Document being returned to you via e-mail. For this reason, YOU MUST PROVIDE A WORKING E-MAIL ADDRESS AS PART OF YOUR SUN DOWNLOAD CENTER ACCOUNT. If you fail to do so, you will not receive an Entitlement Document and will only have the right to evaluate Solaris for 90 days. "

1. EnigmaForce
        FAIL

Wrong - it ain't free

The entitlement is no longer free - Solaris is now only supported beyond the evaluation period by an entitlement that has come with a new Oracle system, or, a support contract. It's no longer a perpetual RTU nor a free entitlement.

http://www.sun.com/software/solaris/get.jsp

"Please remember, your right to use Solaris acquired as a download is limited to a trial of 90 days, unless you acquire a service contract for the downloaded Software."

Oracle has apparently made this change under the radar and without any public announcement.

BTW - I sure hope I am completely wrong on this.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like