back to article Gelsinger paid more than the boss at EMC

SEC filings by EMC show that newcomer Pat Gelsinger was paid more than chairman and CEO Joe Tucci in 2009. Pat Gelsinger is EMC's Chief Operating Officer and runs its Information Infrastructure Products division. He joined EMC from Intel in September 2009. There was a 10 per cent pay cut across EMC in January 2009, as part of …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I still can't get my head round

One person being forth 200-300 "normal" people. I know it dosen't work like that but shesh... $11 million

2. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

I still can't get my head round

They AREN'T worth that much... They've just managed to convince a compliant Compensation Committee and the Board of Dunderhe... er... Directors that they are the greatest thing since slice bread, and the company needs to pay them what they ask for...

Ethics stopped being taught in business schools around 20-25 years ago, and we're now seeing the result... CEO's and other C-level MBAs who only have one thought... how much can I take this company for before I bail out and move to the next suc... er ... company. If some of them were paid what they're really worth, the newest kid in the mail room would make more.

This topic is closed for new posts.