back to article Texas Memory Systems launches 10TB flash array

A year after launching a 5TB, 250,000 IOPS RamSan-620, flash storage co Texas Memory Systems is bringing out a doubled-up product, boasting 10 terabytes and half a million sustained IOPS. The RamSan-630 offers 4GB/sec, compared to the 620's 3GB/sec, with 10 4Gbit/s Fibre Channel links. TMS says that 8Gbit/s Fibre Channel is …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

There are other SSD and Green SANS!

Hmmmm look at Whiptail for SSD's! 6TB

ZFS :) Technology is already there! GreenBytes

2. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

Media library upgrade

I fancy one of these for my media libary; should be nippy enough to replace my Drobo.

How much are they? £200?

....aaaah.

...maybe not then.

1. seven of five

a.

220k before discount.

3. Colin_L
    Megaphone

All well and good, but...

What TMS desperately needs is to add features common to mid-tier arrays such as no single points of failure and online firmware upgrades.

Their product has no moving parts other than fans, and is presumbaly extremely reliable. But if a piece of silicon does go south inside it, no matter how you've provisioned a single unit, you're going to lose some data. The only solution at this point is to have mirrored arrays, and I believe you have to do the mirroring on your own.

Fully online upgrades have come to EMC, NetApp (with some caveats) and others. And setting device timeouts to 1000000 ms does not count.

This topic is closed for new posts.