back to article Mountain View trials revamped Google Docs

Google is previewing updated incarnations of its web-based document and spreadsheet editors, as it launches a new standalone online application for collaborating with others on digital graphics and drawings. With a Monday blog post, Google said that document and spreadsheet editors previews will roll out to Google Docs users …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Sebastian Brosig

beta

just tried to doss around a bit with the spreadsheet - let's say thee is room for improvement.

Or let's say DON'T USE THIS FOR ANYTHING THAT IS IMPORTANT TO YOU

2. jake Silver badge

Why?

Surely any competent tech can roll this kind of thing out for any given company without allowing a known datamining company to access their company's core data?

3. Steve Loughran

clear your browser cache if things play up

If, after the changes, some things like copy and paste don't work, clear your browser cache. Whatever google have been doing to do docs or mail, if you have old snippets of cached javascript around, they don't all work.

4. petur
    Dead Vulture

says says says

Why don't you try it and comment on it? Be a real reporter, don't copy press releases.

That said, I tried the new stuff the moment I saw the announcement and it is great. No issues found so far.

5. James Dunmore
    Go

New drawing tool

Is pretty dam good !! It does the flowchart stuff that visio does, but erm, for free. Wow, it's so good, it might even replace MS Paint.....

But seriously, quite impressed.

6. The Vociferous Time Waster
    FAIL

no gears?

This is the problem with freetard solutions, they bin a feature before the replacement is baked. What if you need offline capabilities?

Oh yeah, just fire up {microsoft | open} office

7. Robert Ramsay
    Coat

I wonder...

...if you get a choice about whom you collaborate with in real-time?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like