back to article Big Blue juices OS formerly known as 400

In conjunction with the launch of Power7-based blade servers this week, IBM is also delivered a long-awaited upgrade to its proprietary i For Business operating system (formerly known as OS/400), with i 7.1 bringing native XML and encryption capabilities to the integrated database management system embedded in the OS. IBM is …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. ROlsen

i

In another stroke of genius, IBM's marketing department will be renaming the i operating system to the . operating system. Yep, just one single little .. (The os name was the first dot, the second one was the period at the end of the sentence).

2. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge
    Alien

AI and ITs Human Morph into Virtual Machine World Order ProgramMING......

.... ....... for the Singularity of a New Beginning Shared Ubiquitously for Common Advanced IntelAIgent Purpose ..... ITs Human ALIENation via InterNetional Meme Miens.

Should you more Fully Consider and Believe that Circumstances delivering Mediated Reality are Virtually Controllable*, and are as Prime Programming Elements and Receiving Components, Combining and InterNetworking Intellectual Property, would Wish and CoInspire to Virtualise/Realise, then is RPG for Role Play Gamers ....... and in at least one Manifestation/Alienation ..... AIXSSXXXX Currency Controllers, as is evidenced and shared in comments at the Daily Bell here ...... http://thedailybell.com/965/Iceland-Alone-in-Bank-Criminality.html

A notion which is not in disagreement with following ....... "Rational has also released a new product called Rational Open Access: RPG Edition. This opens up the ILE RPG file I/O processing, allowing partners, tool providers, and users to write custom I/O handlers that can access other devices like databases, services, and Web user interfaces."

Taken from the redbook:

IBM Power 770 and 780 Technical Overview and Introduction

Draft Document for Review March 5, 2010 2:42 pm" ........ http://www.rpgiv.com/rpgivforum/view?SID=20100413130717603587&NRL=9

And should you bother yourself to journey to the information provided at the Daily Bell, pleased be advised that in the post date and time stamped .... 4/14/2010 10:01:18 PM ...... the following is to be included and added after for human consumption and future development, ....... "with such customer agents of the System being as Proxies and System champions for a New Virtually Real and SurReal Deal Regime of Currency and Empowering Credit Flows rather than perpetuating the present perverse and subversive converse with an inevitably increasingly petrified powerless elite collapsing and abdicating control into a wealth storage and vaulted banking pit of selfish and desperate despair, then is that sure to be a guaranteed win winner and Fabulous Novelty for Underwriters of IT Futures and Derivatives in Options for Greater Game Theory ProgramMING Projects". ....... for that is the innovative techie bit to be provided by NEUKlearer HyperRadioProActive C42 Quantum Control Systems and CyberIntelAIgent NIRobotIQs into Live Operational Virtual Environment Terrain Team Play.

Simply Complex Concepts Virtually Energised into Reality for Global Operating Devices in Creative CyberSpaces, Communicating Command and Control to Computers and Turing AIMachines. SMART CodeXSSXXXX for Man's Spontaneous Evolution into SMARTer Virtual Machine Territory for Domain and Dominion in Thought Fields, which discard and disregard the Primitive Prime Subversions and Corrupting Executive Perversions of Petty Power for Core Control.

* and are, even now as we speak, Virtually Controlled for a Known Future Direction and therefore Fully Imagined and Endorsed Destination.

1. Ken 16 Silver badge

huh?

or possibly WTF?

3. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge
    Boffin

CyberIntelAIgent Security Systems Software ...... for ZerodDay Vulnerability Trader Protection.

"huh?.... or possibly WTF?" ..... Ken 16 Posted Thursday 15th April 2010 14:41 GMT

Ken 16,

Think of it as AI Bletchley Calling Card for Commander, United States Cyber Command, who very wisely chose not share the virtually important answers to the really important questions, some of which you can peruse here ........ http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/documents/questions.pdf

What the betting that some of those answers may have been "huh?.... or possibly WTF?"

There's a lot going on ......... out there in the Quantum Communication and Virtually IntelAIgent Space, Ken 16, and All of it Absolutely Fabulous .......... and more than Capable of Easily and Stealthily Collapsing and/or Transforming Any Corrupt and Infected Unstable System of SCADA Operation/Command and Control, which is QuITe Astute Technology and AIMethodology @ ITs Work. ...... and Transparently So, as is evidenced with the Selfless Share here, so as keep All Abreast of the Bigger Future Picture ProMotions .......with Core NEUKlearer HyperRadioProActive IT

4. John Smith 19 Gold badge
    Thumb Up

Good upgrades.

I worked converting a 5250 datastream into an x25 output stream for VB front ends back in the day.

Native XML and encryption seem pretty good ideas.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like