One of the blade servers using IBM's new Power7 processors got lost in the shuffle last week. The single-socket Power Systems 701 and the dual-socket, double-wide Power Systems 702 were launched together, but there was another baby blade in a separate announcement, the Power Systems 700. While the PS701 and PS702 blades have …
Haha I get the joke. Anybody that has not been in a coma for the last 50 years understands reasonable pricing and IBM seldom go in the same sentence (a company that doesn't just sell you kit but makes you buy an army of consultants to get the full experience). Maybe nobody ever got fired for buying IBM but they sure as hell didn't decrease the IT budget doing so.
- Dell charges £5 to switch on power-saving for new PCs (it takes 5 clicks)
- IBM rides nightmarish hardware landscape on OpenPOWER Consortium raft
- Enterprise storage will die just like tape did, say chaps with graphs
- Who fancies a billion-quid bonanza? Just flog the Home Office some shiny walkie-talkies
- Apple's strong iPhone sales crush Wall Street moneymen's tepid expectations