High-performance computing scale-out NAS supplier Panasas is launching its PAS HC product, a high-capacity archive store. Panasas supplies PAS 7, 8 and 9 systems for high-performance computing (HPC) and performance-dependent technical applications needing fast access to millions of files. It uses its PanFS filesystem to provide …
That's some serious storage space. I worry about the durability of all those hard drives and also the amount of heat/noise it will produce but anything is better than crappy tapes - surely someone could have invented a better universal backup system by now? (And before anyone says, I don't consider 'Cloud' backup a viable option and hard drives by themselves are just not durable enough for me.)
Quote:"The PAS HC price is intended to be less than a dollar per GB."
That's nearly a $million for the 960Tb version!!
- Ding-dong, reality calling: iPhone slump is not Apple's doom
- Another failed merger, Carly? Ted Cruz to bring in ex-HP boss Fiorina as running mate
- Microsoft fingered for Western Euro PC tragedy
- Blighty's SMB tech ranks bitterly divided on Brexit
- Exclusive Hewlett Packard Enterprise: Wanna walk the plank voluntarily? You got it