back to article Compellent fattens up for investors

Compellent's one-trick storage pony is getting company in the next year that will scale up, scale out, dedupe replay blocks, add support for metro-clustering, and introduce a backup/archival storage product. The company's current Storage Centre platform is an X86 controller, the SC030, running block-access Storage Centre 5.2 …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Nate Amsden

SPC-1

post some SPC-1 numbers already compellent. give people some point of reference where your performance stands..

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

What's up with all these Compellent articles???

This is like the 20th Compellent article in a row. Good grief, blah,blah, blah, scale up, scale out, blah, blah, blah, dedupe, blah, blah, unified storage, blah, blah, more of the stack, blah, blah. This article could have been written about every storage provider. Are you on the Compellent payroll? Losing money on the stock? What gives?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Great, but...

All very well and good Chris, but a controller is still a complete server - clustering 2u or 4u servers to do scale out performance is going to eat up space straight away - and it doesn't even let me add additional SAN disk in those scale-out Super-Micro servers, so i lose half my rack to additional processors and non-battery backed cache only? Doesn't make sense to me...

I don't really get the hype around Compellent, there are lots of other storage companies out in the marketplace that deliver better performance (in IO), capacity and with better features at a same or lower cost point.

It does seem that El Reg has a love interest with them, all for pretty much no reason really.

This topic is closed for new posts.