back to article Capita pays £60m for medico screening firm

Services monolith Capita has sucked up medical reporting and screening firm Premier Medical Group in return for £60m. PMG expects to make £6m operating profit on revenues of £51.2m this year, and has around 285 staff. It describes itself as "a leading provider of medical reporting and screening services" which works "on …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. BristolBachelor Gold badge
    Thumb Down

Medical screening?

I have a different take on this. They aquire a company that does medical screening, while also running a number of NHS databases. I am paranoid for thinging that these NHS databases would be a good source of data to mine for medical screening?

Given the way that the other gov. databases have been turned to profit, Capita could argue that they could do the same for NHS projects and therefore save the gov. money on running said databases.

Welcome to the thin edge of the wedge. (I'm sorry sir but we cannot employ you; your medical screening showed that you visited a psychologist 20 years ago...)

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@BristolBachelor

They already have access to millions of 'anonymised' patient episode/spell data records at hundreds of NHS PCTs.

This topic is closed for new posts.