back to article Microsoft starts Office Web Apps roll out

Microsoft has released its Office Web Apps in the UK via its online SkyDrive storage service. The software giant plans to roll out its rival to Google Docs gradually. Currently it is only available to the US, Ireland, Blighty and Canada. Redmond has slotted the tools into its Windows Live service, so it now sits alongside …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. James 127
    Unhappy

Macros?

Will I be able to create and use Macros in the online version of Excel?

....I doubt it :(

1. The_Police!
      Coat

As Steve Jobs would say:

"If you are using Macros, you are doing wrong!"

Mines the one with Office on the back

2. TC

I am betting

That there will not be many comments on here. I think it's a good piece of news but as it's not iNEWS no one will bother.

I like the integration personally so far

3. James Pickett

How much?

OK, what's it cost? Something tells me it's not free...

1. Change can be good
      Thumb Down

Cost of Running Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, or Windows Vista... ?

I don’t think Office live works cross platform…

“To use Microsoft Office Live, your computer must meet one of the following requirements:

Microsoft Internet Explorer 6, 7, or 8 running on Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, or Windows Vista. You can download Internet Explorer from the Internet Explorer page.

Mozilla Firefox running on Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, or Mac OS X 10.2.x and later. You can download Firefox from the Firefox download page.”

4. Paul Boocock (UK)
    Gates Halo

Its Free!

It's free at the moment and I don't think they will charge, they have to compete with Google Docs.

It's very good too. Nice to have a good alternative to Google Docs.

Time will tell which service I end up using more.

5. Sim~

Comparable to GDocs

Word worked fine me in SRWare Iron 4, tested most of the options. I like the greater choice in font/typeface, perhaps Google could get feature parity in this respect.

6. Mr Young
    WTF?

"SkyDrive storage service"

Who thought of the name 'SkyDrive'? I predict it'll feck up with data access/storage a few times (for many customers) and then be known for evermore as 'Skydive'?

7. Martyn Kaye
    Unhappy

At the Same Time

I don't know if anyone noticed, but at the same time they removed some of the features on SPACES - page statistics and rich formating in the guestbook, wiping out any previous guestbook entries completely !!

1. dogged

They did

But Spaces were crap anyway.

Get a proper blog and link your stuff.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like