back to article Buffalo and Western Digital get into TV

Two new products are showing how the storage world is starting to flirt with TV. Buffalo's DriveStation AV and Western Digital's WD TV Live Plus HD media player are respectively friendly with and completely dependent on a TV. The DriveStation AV is a single 3.5-inch SATA drive offering 1TB, 1.5TB or 2TB capacity, in a very …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Paul_Murphy

Emprex ME1

Hmm funny, I have just ordered one of these;

http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/8990027/Emprex-Hi-Def-Media-Player-Recorder-V2-External-Multimedia-Hard-Drive-Enclosure/Product.html?ptsl=1&ob=Price&fb=0

£50, connects to a TV via Scart/component, and another source such as sky/virgin/dvd player. It can use USB devices and a network PC or NAS.

I'm trying to find out if it's worthwhile converting all 500+ of our DVD's to AVI files and sticking them on a NAS to view.

At the moment it's just too time-consuming to find a particular DVD.

If it does work then I might try using ISO's instead - though of course we would have to sit through all the trailers and anti-piracy rubbish.

ttfn

2. The First Dave
    Dead Vulture

untitled

So what does the first device have to do with a TV? I had to read the article twice to make sure I hadn't missed anything.

3. Dick Emery
    Thumb Down

HDMI 1.3

Total fail on that front.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like