back to article PC prices rise in Q2 as iPad fuels tablet consumption

PCs have gotten more expensive over the last quarter, with average selling prices up three per cent to €457.37. Context Research said that average selling prices across Europe rose in the second quarter, a truly once-in-a-blue-moon event for the PC industry. The rise as overall volumes of desktops, notebooks and servers grew …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Headmaster

Stop this!

..as people rushed to buy the vendor's big iPhone...

It's not a "big iphone"....it's closer to a big ipod touch!

The iphone has at least a small margin of practicality (through making/receiving of phone calls).

Or at least it used to, pre-iphone4, as it no longer seems to be able to even make calls now.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

re: Stop this!

I propose "computerised Argos catalogue" or CAC. The bloody thing's nothing more than a App Store catalogue that you pay through the nose for, so if the shoe fits...

2. Anonymous Coward
      Thumb Up

@AC

You took the words out of my mouth. The problem is that if you compare it to an iPod Touch, you can't fault it for not being able to make voice calls, and that reduces the number of ticks against it, which puts the Fandroid base one step closer to realising they actually have to have this device.<hehehehe>

2. heyrick Silver badge

The value of...

Hmmm... And how many times have we noticed kit/books for something like $29,99 being sold this side of the Atlantic for at or more than €29,99, or worse, >= £29.99.

3. RichyS
    Jobs Halo

Easy explanation

More Macs have been sold, dragging the price up proportionately.

Easy!

1. JEDIDIAH
      Grenade

The King is dead, Long Live the King!

Yeah, but St. Steve has declared that the PC era is coming to an end and that "no one will want trucks in the city" anymore. Thus I don't recommend that n00bs buy Macs anymore. Who knows how long that platform has left with an owner that's belligerent to it.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like