back to article SugarCRM sweet on Microsoft's Azure cloud

SugarCRM has long lived in the shadow of Salesforce.com, partly thanks to the latter's headline grabbing chief executive. The PHP-based CRM outfit wasn't helped, though, by the actions of its own former CEO, who was finally asked to step down by the company's board in early 2009 and replaced open-source mover and shaker Larry …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Robert Forsyth

Azure is not amazingly new

(not that is a bad thing)

As far as I can tell, it is like a Linux distribution LAMP, but obviously of Microsoft flavoured components (WISN). MS have had an 'appliance' (file/print) server for some while, nicking Novell's business.

Didn't they add PHP to Azure recently.

Apps and app-stores will probably be a fading market, replaced by objects (films/videos) and services (TV, maps, contact storage, etc.).

2. gnufreex

WTF?

Larry Augustin has a death wish? He should know what is the price for working with Microsoft.

3. Fred Tourette
    Thumb Down

Aw, Shyt

We've been using SugarCRM (after finally retiring that godawful Act!) in a Linux server/Windoze desktop/Firefox browser (IE prohibited) shop. A buck says a fresh new world of trouble awaits as the Beast has sunk its talons into Sugar and starts nudging it toward their usual "best used with MS..." tactics while crippling competing products.

Fuckin' Microsoft. To borrow from Visa, it's everywhere I *don't* want it to be.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Sweet

Sugar CRM + Cloud = Candy Floss

Salesforce has become far more than a simple sales oriented CRM solution, I'm not sure if it's entirely legitimate to compare Sugar CRM to Salesforce.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like