back to article Microsoft's volume licensing site goes titsup - again

Microsoft’s volume licensing site once again went titsup on Friday and was out for several days with very little explanation from the software vendor about what had gone wrong. Frustrated customers were simply greeted with a page that read: “The Volume Licensing Service Center is currently unavailable because we are making …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. John G Imrie
    FAIL

The site will be available by: 2/21/2010 3:00:00 AM PDT

Was that message approved by

a) Management

b) Marketing

c) Engineering

d) a combination of (a) and (b)

Enquiring minds would like to know?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Troll

Did it start falling over when ...

they moved it from Linux on their server to Windows?

3. Ragarath

Local Store

And they think cloud computing will catch on with vital info?

This is why I keep a local store of all our volume license software and keys. Anyone that needs it then has local access. Although I imagine it would be a bummer if you needed something new.

1. Penguin herder
      Linux

Alternatives

"This is why I keep a local store of all our volume license software and keys. Anyone that needs it then has local access. Although I imagine it would be a bummer if you needed something new."

Not really, you can always go to one of the mirror sites, download an .iso, make a CD and. Oh, wait...

Seriously, that is a big part of why I started making the switch to Linux; not volume licensing in particular, but concerns over a single source that (right or wrong) I no longer trust.

4. Fatman
    FAIL

M$ Volume licensing site goes down - again

This is just too funny.

One would think, that with all of the `supposed best and brightest` working for Micro$oft, they could manage to keep their own fscking website up!!!

This begs the question - if they can keep THEIR OWN SITE UP; then what can the average Joe expect from M$?

FAIL - because it is too obvious.

5. Goat Jam
    Gates Horns

Cloud = Vapour

Maybe they should put it into their Azure cloud, I hear that is meant to be teh bomb. Well that's what my mate StevieB tells me.

"For storage, we guarantee that at least 99.9% of the time we will successfully process correctly formatted requests that we receive to add, update, read and delete data."

Source: Windows Azure SLA

6. Quotidian

What's wrong with Microsoft?

What's wrong with Microsoft?

1. Pascal Monett Silver badge

Wrong question, mate

The real question is :

"What is right with Microsoft ?"

It's a question of what still works, because making a list of what is wrong would take days.

7. Ennis Lookup
    Flame

Thanks a bunch!!!!

Brilliant.

Just what I need, a multiple Server 2008R2 rush build and no way of getting hold of the software, lovely......

Not even slightly happy...

8. Mark Aggleton

What?

I had no problem downloading an ISO from the site yesterday at midday (UK time)

This topic is closed for new posts.