back to article Tosh has tiniest flash bits

Toshiba has started mass-producing NAND flash ships using a 24nm process, and is offering the world's smallest 8GB flash chips. They use 2 bit multi-level cell (MLC) technology, and Toshiba will also add 32Gbit (4GB) and 3 bit per cell products fabricated with the 24nm process technology to its product line-up. The 24nm …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. AndyS
    Happy

The title is required, and must contain letters and/or digits.

So now the question we all want to know. What's the memory density in Encyclopedia Britannicas per thimble?

2. Geoff Johnson

Why not 2.5 bits per cell?

I'm sure it's doable, just a bit more logic around the edges.

3. Chris Mellor 1
    Unhappy

Twenty four nanometre

The story originally started out saying Toshiba had a 2nm process.... This would be truly awesome but only possible in a flash production process typified by typographical error. It should have read - and now does - 24nm - still very impressive.

Chris.

1. Sarah Bee (Written by Reg staff)

Re: Twenty four nanometre

Dear outraged commenters,

We are so sorry for this error and hope that in time you will come to forgive us. We also apologise for not displaying each comment pointing out that we got it wrong, and further comments pointing out our appalling censorship in censoring comments complaining about censorship. Please let this end here. My head hurts and I am sick at heart. Thanks so much.

Love,

Moderatrix

1. Peter Gathercole Silver badge

Thank you.

No need to actually post this one.

Re: Thank you.

You thought I was serious?

Please - get over it. Errors get made (everywhere, not just here). Comments get deleted (everywhere, not just here). Moderators have nervous breakdowns (I don't know if this happens everywhere but it seems likely - I may start some kind of support group).

I may actually be done being nice, you know. Feel free to test this, if you really think it's worth it.

1. Anonymous Coward
            Coat

Support Group

I had a blog with poor spam protection and would routinely issue an SQL query

delete from {comment_field_id) where comment_date > "2007-04-27"

Feel free ....

2. Peter Gathercole Silver badge
            Happy

Yes, but...

Most organizations (including the Reg in the past) would just post a correction, with a note about the correction in the edited article, and then silently moderate out the obvious comments before they become visible.

I think I'll bookmark the comments on this one, because it is the first time I've seen 5 of the first 7 posts deleted after the fact by the moderator. Unfortunately, like Gillian McKeith and possibly William Hague, you may find that the Internet is an unforgiving medium.

After being put firmly in my place about rejected comments by yourself I know exactly how serious you are. But I do like to tease...

Re: Yes, but...

You like to tease, Peter? Well, don't. You have no idea how annoying it is. If you find that gratifying, well, I'm happy for you, but I think you should consider getting your jollies elsewhere.

And there is nothing scandalous in moderating - it's a deeply mundane operation, and it never ceases to amuse me that people find outrage in the removal of manifestly pointless and redundant comments about nothing. Oh no, wait... it ceased to amuse me about 18 months ago.

Bookmark away if you really think there is anything of note here, but honestly I find it more outrageous that some of my post got delivered next door the other day.

1. Peter Gathercole Silver badge
                Heart

...if you really think there is anything of note here

I'll remind you of this, sometime in the future. I don't think it's just me that likes to elicit a response from you. I just enjoy seeing the vulture icon, especially if it has your name next to it!

Re: ...if you really think there is anything of note here

Sigh.

4. Geoff Campbell Silver badge
    Go

1TB 2.5" SSDs?

I love the 21st century.

GJC

5. Martin Huizing
    Welcome

I for one...

I, for one, welcome our new Moderatrix Overlord known as Sarah Bee!

Oh Sarah, I bow to you and pray my comments not to be deleted.

Oh Sarah, may I, at least once, stumble upon an inappropriate comment before it is deleted by your hand lest I forever wonder what it was about and not let jealousy overcome me for those that read it and commented on it afterward.

Oh Sarah... forgive this humble nerd for his cringe-worthy comments that he has made in the past.

Oh Sarah...

Oh Sarah...

Re: I for one...

Calm yourself, minion. You may go now.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like