back to article Seagate stuffs 3TB drives in NAS box

Seagate has added its 3TB drive to the 2- and 4-slot BlackArmor NAS boxes, taking capacity up to 12TB. Both systems will come pre-populated with 3TB drives in each bay. The BlackArmor NAS 440 is configured with RAID 5 and ships with 10 backup software licenses out-of-the-box, while the NAS 220 ships with RAID 1 configuration …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

So how much in the UK?

"The post is required, and must contain letters."

1. NumptyScrub

UK price?

If every other piece of tech ever is an indicator, a US price of $1,899.99 will equate to at least £1,899.99 in the UK. New laptop models, graphics cards and other devices always seem to just swap the $ for a £ on the price tag :(

1. Anonymous Coward
        Joke

The UK could easily fix this

Just need to create a lot of debt somehow to devalue your currency to match that of the United States. Or you could just print more of it.

2. This post has been deleted by its author

1. Anonymous Coward
      FAIL

obviously

it'll be the high cost for translation of manuals from American to British...

2. Paolo Marini
      Coat

the title exists

it's the different power adapter that makes $ become £, you dummy :-)

3. Anonymous Coward
    Pint

Blimey

Looks to be a snidge over a grand from Insight here in the UK.

http://uk.insight.com/apps/productpresentation/index.php?product_id=SGGA07IC8

Coo. Me want.

4. Version 1.0 Silver badge
    Happy

For backup only?

I bought one of the 220's to see how it would work as an office NAS and I'm not impressed with the performance - actually getting data in and out of the device seems slow - at least compared with my 10 year old FreeBSD server.

Admittedly I'm running one disk to try it out and while I'd expect RAID 0 would be somewhat faster, I'll probably go for RAID 5 for the reliability. But the price is right and maybe I can junk the 2kW UPS that the existing server requires.

5. Alan 6
    FAIL

Glass half empty

To all you miserable shits who automatically assume the sterling price will be a straight 1:1 exchange I suggest you apologise.

It actually works out cheaper here in Blighty. At the current exchange rate of $1.5709:£1 the US price works out at £1209.47 + local taxes.

Here in the UK the price at Insight is £1,008.99 + VAT = £1,185.23

http://uk.insight.com/apps/productpresentation/index.php?product_id=SGGA07IC8

1. gratou
      Headmaster

whatever

Vulgar language for no good reason makes you look ... vulgar. And dumb ... and immature.

Also, insulting other people demeans you.

Grow up and stand proud. :)

6. Do Not Fold Spindle Mutilate
    Joke

Only 60 days?

Does it turn into a pumpkin after 60 days? Does it change to 1 TB after 60 days?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like