back to article Depts declare dumped IT deals

The Ministry of Defence is among departments which have revealed the cancellation of multimillion pound contracts. The ministry confirmed the cancellation of its £4.8m Land Information Architecture Office project as part of an ICT project review. In a parliamentary written answer, Peter Luff, the defence minister, also said …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. John Smith 19 Gold badge
    Flame

Millions? Not even *tens* of millions

They need to save *billions*.

I wonder what other stuff was flushed out by putting a hold on all new central government IT work

2. Kent Brockman

says it all...

"Departments including transport and communities and local government said they have no central record of IT deals.... "

easier for plausible deniability for people pissing money up the wall..

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

EH?

"Departments including transport and communities and local government said they have no central record of IT deals.... "

What they need is a decent IT syste... oh wait...

2. Adam Salisbury
      Grenade

Theft?

Surely the appropriation of public money and a complete lack of records on how it was spent should constitute what is probably multi-million pound theft!

3. Kubla Cant

I what? T

Q: Why does public sector IT always have to be called ICT? How is it different from what the rest of the world calls IT?

A: Well, you see, it's information and *communication* technology.

Q: Yes, and the stuff you're communicating is?

A: Er, information.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Grenade

Small question: How do you know

that suspending the project has saved money rather than cost it?

I mean, if the implementation of the IT project would have meant having 5 people doing the work that would previously have required 25, is money saved or wasted?

This topic is closed for new posts.