back to article Fujitsu's NAS box for beginners

Fujitsu has updated its beginner's NAS (network-attached storage) box, making it run faster and store more data. The Q800 is an update on the previous Q600 and Q700 models, which used a slow Marvell 6281 processor and had just one or two SATA disk drives. The product name, Celvin, refers to the Kelvin temperature scale. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Roger Greenwood
    Thumb Up

More models

How about the 212 when your blood boils, or the 451 when you reach meltdown/combustion point. Fahrenheit anyone?

1. Allan George Dyer
      Headmaster

Colligative Properties

Won't blood boil at a higher temperature, because of the dissolved impurities? But what pressure are you assuming?

2. David Halko
    IT Angle

Will it use ZFS?

Will the new box use OpenSolaris and ZFS, or will users be stuck at the 16TB file system limit?

3. G C M Roberts

following the trend...

I think the next would be Pharenheight, then possibly wrankine and raymears.

Although I've not kept a linear growth in spelling mistakes there

1. Jacqui

Hmm celvin

end hebbes?

I have two of Bill wattersons books and they are def worth reading.

4. rkh
    IT Angle

Fujitsu = QNAP?

It's a QNAP TS-459 or TS-459+. Physical specs match exactly; Fujitsu's spec sheet even mentions the same firmware version as QNAP's latest.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

QNAP Question

The QNAP Question is of great interest, especially as im in the market for a new box as my 209 just died, I'm considering a 4 drive box this time.. so its worth a bit more reading...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like